slug.com slug.com

4 1

LINK VP debate to install plexiglass between Pence and Harris | TheHill

This is on Pence's request... so that Kamala is technically in another room and not alone with him on stage since she is not his wife.

TheMiddleWay 8 Oct 5

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And it ain't the Covid she's worried about.

If they put her in a "cone of silence" that may solve quite a bit of the problem.

@TheMiddleWay Oh.... but the cone would silence her... and save everyone from the din.
You have watched Get Smart haven't you?

Following the president's diagnosis, the Commission on Presidential debates decided to space Harris and Pence 13 feet apart instead of seven feet apart.

The plexiglass proposal was reportedly supported by Harris's team but not Pence's.

“If Sen. Harris wants to use a fortress around herself, have at it,” Pence spokeswoman Katie Miller said in a statement to Politico.

As for the sarcasm aimed at Pence for his practice of not being alone with women who are not his wife, I would just say that I agree with him and have endeavored to follow the same practice myself for over 30 years now. It is a very good way to stay above reproach in a world where accusations and gossip abound, and it is also a great way to avoid even the possibility of temptation. I know many people don't understand it, but it is simply a practical thing to do.

@TheMiddleWay The issue for me hasn't been that I don't think I can control my actions or words; it's that I cannot control the actions or words of other people. For example, as a pastor, I have often had to offer counsel to women about very private matters in their lives. In such situations an intimacy may develop that can be easily misconstrued, and it is in situations like this that some pastors have been tempted to enter into affairs in the past. I decided that could never happen if I never even allowed the possibility for it, however remote I think it might be. I love my wife, so I protect our marriage in any and every way I can.

Also, if people know you are consistently meeting in private with a woman who is not your wife, they may easily jump to the wrong conclusions. Thankfully, I have a wife who is wise and trustworthy, and I have made it my practice to counsel women together with her (and her insights are also very valuable, of course). This practice helps to prevent those issues mentioned. If a woman would prefer not to meet with both my wife and I for counseling, then I would refer her to someone else. So far I think that has only happened one time, though, if memory serves.

Anyway, I thought a little more detail might help explain why such a practice is taken by guys like Pence and me.

By the way, I met my beloved in the fall of 1985 in Haifa, Israel, and we were married in the fall of 1986 in Illinois, USA. This November, I am happy to say, will be 34 years of marriage for us, and I love her more each and every day. 🙂

@TheMiddleWay this almost suggests blaming of a victim. Haters gonna hate - liberals gonna contort, obfuscate, create false narrative...

@TheMiddleWay If Pence (or anyone else) is a victim of loose gossip and slander then he can't be saddled with accusations of "inability to control his own impulses with women"
You don't know if that is true of Pence or not true. You assume he has a psychological problem where women are concerned. That would make him a victim. Gossip, slander - can be very victimizing IMHO.

now that is bizarre

@TheMiddleWay I know about Pences' thing about being alone with a woman not his wife - didn't get the sarcasm - that's one of the problems w/social media...it's all too easy to misinterpret comments and posts

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:138116
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.