slug.com slug.com

1 1

Freakin A. How about this.... first one to legalize weed and shrooms gets my vote...

nitsuJ 4 Sep 30

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have been saying for many decades that we need to de-criminalize recreational drugs. Of course I also advocate for the complete elimination of the DEA and all other drug interdiction operations and funding for them.
Like alcohol, drug use should only be punished when a person is caught in public under the influence and or driving any motor/electric vehicle.

I also will point out that I am not a user or abuser of recreational drugs or alcohol - the only interest I have in de-criminalizing is two fold: I'm sick of seeing billions of tax payer dollars being wasted on a problem that will resolve itself over time and secondly I believe de-criminalizing will greatly reduce the violence and crime peripheral to the drug trade. If people can get their drugs legally there is no longer any reason to have turf wars, drug gangs, cartels...etc.
As for the loser user on the streets - its his problem not mine. I have no sense of obligation to save him from himself.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:136766
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.