slug.com slug.com

9 8

Question... What do you all think about this ad from GA Republican Marjorie Taylor Greene? Apparently there was some outrage recently over her ad with some claiming it incited violence. Upon close examination of the ad, I could find no direct threat of violence issued, it only suggested to defeat the Democrats in the coming Election, and that Republicans like Greene are Democrat's worst nightmare.

So what do you all think, threat of direct violence or not?

SpikeTalon 10 Sep 27

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Given this is a political ad, politics is suppose to be a war of ideas, not threats. At best the ad shows that the candidate is a poor one, who lacks ideas and can only muster what appear to be veiled threats against those she sees as her opponents. It's typical of political ads today. Long on saying what she is against and short on saying what she is for. At worse the ad could be interpreted as a threat. It lacks imagination, is void of intelligence or any semblance of political insight. If the intent was to support the 2nd Amendment, she should have said that. That we would elect a candidate with this level of ability is a travesty for the country. It is a sad commentary on our politics today that so many of our politicians make no attempt at putting forward ideas that could move the country ahead, lack principles, but instead bow to force and power. It is also a sad commentary on the status of the American populist, where hate and vengeance trump rational ideas as to whether or not to vote for someone.

I don't know about the ad being violent but being a Conservative Georgian resident I can tell you she is not the squads worst nightmare. She is a typical RINO appointed to a vacant seat and was never voted into the office. Her job was paid for by the RNC and if she wins this election she will vote the wishes of the RNC which in many instances sides with liberals over true Conservatives. GA House representative Doug Collins who is also running for that seat is the one and only not paid for Conservative for that seat and has shown he is in fact "The Squads Worst Nightmare". Green is an establishment paid for vote and this is proven by the amount of money the RNC is pouring into her race. They wish to take out Collins because he won't be boughten.

Interesting, thanks for sharing those details.

Its not an ad I would have gone with, but I certainly feel she has the right. As far as the rifle many seem to assume its a violent message, but is it not the squad and the left's intent to ban assault rifles? She may be supporting peoples rights to own these type weapons.

That image feels like someone mashed a 80's B action film poster next to a bad 90's political documentary's poster. lol

I like your style it shows you don’t see them as a threat ! Lol!

No violence indicated.

It's just an add that renders an opinion, I happen to agree with it's sentiment but that doesn't negate the fact that it's basically an add designed to encourage people to consider a statement of option. Those who oppose the opinion but can't give a logical reason for the opposition simply try to use weak retoric to redirect the conversation, this basically indicates that they concede the point but want to change the discussion hoping your original point will be lost in the ensuing mire.

I wouldn't say there is a direct call for violence, though it's perhaps problematic to be holding a gun as a prop while calling to defeat Democrats. At least her ad isn't peddling Q nonsense.

I agree on probably not the best prop (assuming any props at all were even needed) to use in a political campaign. I did not see a direct call to violence though as some had suggested, so I'd say there is much ado over nothing much in reality. I can also agree on the Q Anon part as well, focus should be on the Election ahead, which at least she kept that focus.

Now... had she mentioned to the extent to exterminate the competition, then I'd say that would qualify as a threat of violence.

What do you think you know about Q nonsense?

@SpikeTalon I don’t know these women have made enough threatening statements to last a lifetime .... so the prop Shows either bring it on or I am ready ! Either way she shows guts !

@dmatic more than the followers of Q seem to actually know.

@Patriot2 can you name specific examples of threatening statements they have made?

@JacksonNought And this is just hours after being sworn in. What a colorful choice of words...
[cnn.com]

@FEWI ok, if you have a problem with the vulgarity, then you should be 100x more critical of Trump's choice of words. However, I fail to see how calling to impeach the President - a completely Constitutional process - equates to threatening violence, worthy of Patriot's excitement that she is holding a gun in her ad.

@JacksonNought A junior congress WOMAN disrespecting and threatening a duly elected president? No class, typical mid eastern Palestinian mindset.

@FEWI committing to a Constitutionally accepted process due to perceptions of corruption is now threatening?

Why does the fact that she is a junior congressperson, a woman, or middle-eastern relevant?

Do you think Trump has class?

@JacksonNought For one thing, that office used to be held in high regard. Her demeanor resembles one of a 3rd world country, borderline feral. Like a rotten apple she has tainted the whole barrel. She is supposed to be representing her American constituents not Palestine. She is a disgusting trouble maker. If she doesn’t like it here, go hold office in her mother country. She should fit right in.
In the case of DJT having class ... There are many types of class , he isn’t blue blood but yes he has class where she has none.

@FEWI yeah yeah, I know you will conflate this with typical "liberal" tactics and all...

But dude, you are a racist. Why is it you choose to single out a Middle-Eastern woman when complaining about people being mean to the President, tell her to go back to her country and claiming her "disrespect" is an attempt to represent Palestine? She is an American, and a pretty great one at that. She is trying to uphold the "high regard" of the presidential office, one which used to stand for law and order and has been defiled with corruption and nepotism and treason.

Of course you then say Trump has class. Trump, who brags about walking in on naked 15 year-olds, and falls in love with violent dictators, and feels the need to insult everybody who doesn't worship him, and calls Nazis "very fine people", and encourages his supporters to commit violence against his enemies... yeah he is such a classy guy, way more than Tlaib.

@JacksonNought I was a racist when I became a republican, or was it when I voted for DJT, do you think that label bothers me? BTW last time I looked Palestine was a country in the Middle East, not a race. But if it makes you feel better to call me racist, have at it, I could care less.

@FEWI nah, you were a racist when you decided to single out an American immigrant, and used her heritage to attack her and call her classless and worthy of calls for violent retaliation, while claiming the vulgar white man was full of class.

@JacksonNought You said “ Vulgar white man” ? That not racist ... is it? By the way, she is not an immigrant, she was born in this country.

@FEWI you are correct, I had her confused with Omar. Which brings even more confusion, since we are talking about Tlaib, and you basically told her to go back to her "mother country."

The racism is on your part, attacking a "brown" person based on different criteria than a "white" person you are praising. I'm just calling it out.

@JacksonNought You are attacking a white person and praising a brown person and only defending her because she is brown and the person you thought I was ditching was a Somalian. I bet you voted for Obama just because he was black, didn’t you? BTW Omar is an immigrant and has more class in her pinky than Talib will ever have but I still don’t like her or agree with her.

@FEWI uh... I honesty don't even know what you are anymore. You attack an American born woman, saying she should go back to her "mother country" and is clearly not representing America, all because she criticized the President and used one swear word. Then you use different criteria to call Trump classy, even though he curses way more. Seems like racism / misogyny, yet you then say Omar has class? Or at least more? I honestly don't get you. You seem like a bi-polar racist.

@JacksonNought Maybe it's because I base my opinion of someone's character by their demeanor and justified her barbaric behavior by mentioning her palestinian roots. BTW this is not a one time incident, there are many.

With her dressed like someone from a modern day interpretation of “Scarface” and holding what looks like an AR-15 I can see where someone would claim it is a direct threat, but given what the squad has stated since they came into power I see it as a defensive rather than offensive position.

My point exactly

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:135811
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.