slug.com slug.com

4 7

NO candidate for the Supreme Court put forth by Trump will be in ANY way acceptable to the Democrats or the Left.

There is NOTHING that can be said to change their minds. No amount of admirable traits or judicial experience and excellence will be enough.

So, why bother with the circus - nominate and put it to a full Senate vote immediately.

tracycoyle 8 Sep 23

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So why did they not do that with Obama's candidate?

Err... because they did not had a senate majority?

@Hanno The old might makes right explanation.

@Pand0ro
If the dems had senate majority then, would they have not pushed it through?
And if they had it now, would they not have stopped it like the Reps did before?

So yes, might (majority) rule.
Does not matter whether dems or reps.

Two reasons, the most important first: Why should they? Obama make his position well known: I won. The second is the one I noted back in 2016: post election there was going to be a new President, either Trump or Clinton. And I thought both should have the liberty to choose their own nominee, yes, even Clinton. This time, there is only a 50% chance of a new President (and I think it is much lower than that). Also....Trump won in 2016.

And after the Kavanaugh fiasco, I support shoving a nominee down their throat and making them choke on it.

@Hanno Point. If the Dems had the Senate now, they'd ignore the nomination.

could not be more in agreement - damned if he does damned if he doesn't so what's stopping him.
I thought there would be a nomination by now...maybe end of day this Friday?

Apparently to be announced on Saturday. I support Amy Barrett only because I've been in her courtroom in the past.

If Trump nominates and the Senate confirms, the collective head of the Left will explode....and Trump will win re-election.

Trump will continue as president. He will not win the election. All the confusion, lies and muddying the waters will have the Supreme Court give it to him.

@Pand0ro I disagree about the winning - I think he does much better this time around and 'turn out' will be higher. That said, I agree that the SCOTUS will get involved somehow.

I don't think Trump or the Senate are going to bother much...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:134784
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.