slug.com slug.com

1 0

LINK Texas Family Mourns Mom Shot and Killed by Cop Who Was Aiming for Her Dog

A mom of three was shot and killed by a rookie police officer aiming for her dog in Arlington, Texas. Maggie Brooks was shot in the chest by the officer, Ravi Singh, who was responding to a 911 call about an unconscious woman.

Brooks was actually lying in the shade on a blanket with her dog. When the officer approached, the dog came running, and Singh opened fire, hitting Brooks instead. The incident was recorded by Singh’s body cam.

“Oh my god! The police shot me,” Brooks yelled. Brooks died from the chest wound, and her dog Marilyn was grazed by a bullet.

“He went directly to deadly force, because he was scared, untrained and he panicked. He fired three times and my daughter was in the direct line of fire,” Brooks’ father Troy Brooks told Inside Edition.

A firefighter, Troy was actually on his way to the scene when he was told the shooting victim was his daughter.

“The entire Postal Service carries pepper spray. Every runner, bicyclist, jogger, kid walking home from school—we’ve all encountered a dog charging at us, and nobody else winds up dead,” Troy said.

JacksonNought 8 Sep 23

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If sharing stories of police brutality is your thing (not saying that in a negative way by the way), I'd suggest from time to time checking in on the site Reason.com, they often report on stories of LE overreach.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will check it out.

@JacksonNought Think they had two new stories on such today alone.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:134664
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.