slug.com slug.com

1 2

Here comes the cancel culture (yet again)...

Renowned equestrian site lease terminated over 'racist' property name allegations-
[thefederalist.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Sep 17

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

From the long letter that smacks of so much woke satire, I find it hard to believe:

"One was asked to groom there by a friend and agreed to go, resigned to the fact that “horse people just don’t understand” why the word plantation does not conjure up a peaceful, pleasant scene. Asking people of color to come visit, to spectate, volunteer, or compete, at a place called Plantation is insensitive at best and works against our efforts to implement more diversity in the sport."
(seriously, is this real?)

So, if I read the letter and article correct, they held BIPOC events and then canceled their lease rather than entertain an audience with this group? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

I say good riddance. A loss for the BIPOC for sure. Those involved in these events sound like wonderful people, and the writers of this letter come off as very rude. They detailed, in their letter, a great amount of praise as well as a lot of "not good enough change the name".

As far as all that history they provided, two can play at that game. Erase Plantations? Fine. Then erase white privilege/ supremacy. I find these terms deeply offending. After all, these bitter reminders of our past hinder the ability to progress when I'm reminded of the poor white civil war fighters as well as white civil rights activists that paid in blood to ensure a future of equality for their children and childrens, children. We can't move forward while trampling over their graves in such a one sided manner. Very "uninclusive".😊

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:133081
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.