slug.com slug.com

1 1

“The radical left and the radical right, each made up of people who have been cast aside by the cruelty of corporate capitalism, have embraced holy war. Their marginalized lives, battered by economic misery, have been filled with meaning. They hold themselves up as the vanguard of the oppressed. They claim the right to use force to silence those defined as the enemy. They sanctify anger. They are consumed by the adrenaline-driven urge for confrontation. These groups are separated, as Sigmund Freud wrote of those who engage in fratricide, by the “narcissism of minor differences.”

Chris Hedges, America: The Farewell Tour

BlurtReynolds 7 Sep 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Naw, I think the radical left are weak people who will not and can not face reality of life on planet earth that is dog eat dog and the planet is just one big stomach always eating something and the age of Aquarius will never happen.

I disagree. The left started by working people who had genuine grievances. After Marx the left was subverted by ideologues who cared nothing for working people but hated those who had more power than they did.

The fascists/radical right were very essentially the same but they just latched onto a different ideology.

Both ONLY want power for themselves, hate the people who have power now and could not give a fig for those society oppresses unless there is something in it for them. Read 1984, and the road to Wigan Pier by George Orwell.

@Thasaidon I can agree with most of that. But, the left in America is anti-American, not the right so much....I think we have lost the idea of America. Instead of going to far off vacation lands, take a American Road trip. Ride the Canadian National Railway cross continent. See what you should love.

@johnlondon I am from the UK so would change America for the UK . The left in the UK on the whole hate the UK. The far right claim to love the UK and many probably do but I think their lesdership's power hunger would would over rule any love of the UK.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:132110
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.