slug.com slug.com

1 4

What is your normal body temp?

The body temperature of a healthy person varies during the day by about 0.5 °C (0.9 °F) with lower temperatures in the morning and higher temperatures in the late afternoon and evening, as the body's needs and activities change.

My morning temp is usually 96.6 or so with 97.2 being a normal mid-day temp. 98.6 is a fever for me. When I was a teen, my morning temp was often in the 94s and mid day just over 95. I gave blood a lot when I was younger and they were always concerned with my temp.

So when places take my temp (like a drs office), seeing a temp of 98.5 would not bother them but it IS a symptom of my body's attempting to fight something. I ALWAYS ask what my temp is when someone takes it.

tracycoyle 8 Sep 3

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My normal body temperature has been in the low to mid 90's F, and a lower temperature than that usually means I'm getting sick. But average human body temperatures have actually been lowering over the past 150 years. Here is one article about it:

[scientificamerican.com]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:128890
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.