slug.com slug.com

3 1

LINK The troubling ways a heatwave can warp your mind

Interesting perspective on how weather may influence behavior.

"In the UK, between April 2010 and 2018, there was 14% more violent crime at 20C than there was at 10C. In Mexico, there is more organised crime in warmer weather – and some academics suspect this is because it creates a “taste for violence”. In South Africa, scientists have discovered that, for every degree that the temperature goes up, there is a 1.5% increase in the number of murders. In Greece, one study found that more than 30% of 137 homicides reported in a particular region occurred on days with an average temperature of more than 25C."

Amzungu 5 Aug 19

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have been saying this forever.

Also the intense heat ruins any opportunity for normal heterosexual sex too.

When I moved to a more northern state, women were more willing to have socially acceptable amounts of sex with me.

Temperature plays factors with mental instability

nothing new about this. Anyone who spent more than a few years as a beat cop / uniformed police officer will tell you violence increases proportionally with rise in temperatures.

Wanna see some real violence? shut down the power grid for about 2 or 3 days max...take away central HVAC and refrigeration, running water...the ensuing violence will make what we witness in Portland and Seattle...look like recess period on an elementary school playground.

You mean ? That sounds like .

Police over there are like Judge Dredd because the alternative is chaos.

Without authority or a shot to the brain pan it will continue until someone adds needed holes in brain pans ...

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:123791
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.