slug.com slug.com

2 1

I like this T-shirt. If you had the nice body for it - would you wear it?

iThink 9 Aug 8

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

[realsocialskills.org]

WHAT IS THIS BLOG ABOUT?
This is a blog about how people interact with each other, and how to develop skills for interacting with each other constructively. It’s about how interaction between people works. I tend to write about a broad range of things.

Boundaries: how to have them
Boundaries: how to respect them
Social rules that it might be good to know exist
Underlying logic of social rules that can be useful
How to do things
Power dynamics; noticing power
Noticing and resisting abuse
Anti-skills taught to disabled folks in social skills classes, and sometimes strategies for unlearning them
Noticing that everyone is real
Treating people with disabilities right (eg: stuff it’s useful to know about how some autistic people communicate)
Disability-specific skills (eg: getting people to actually provide accommodations)

Maybe. I gave the website a browse. [realsocialskills.org]

It looks like it has some interesting things. Some stuff about empath for a variety of kinds of people. We could use more of that.

Wearing a tee-shirt can be seen as an endorsement so I am cautious, but on the other hand it brings up topics. And I wear almost exclusively donated clothing. So yeah. I would likely wear that shirt.

I did not look at the Blog at all - seems like a sensible explanation of what its all about.
I like the "non-Comopliance is a social skill" statement because of arbitrary and wholly extra-constitutional rules being foisted upon us and their enforcement with the weight of "real law" - the police etc.

Take DeBlasios new policies regarding forced quarantining of visitors to the State of NY - then there are the "rules" about mask wearing, and social distancing which are arbitrary and duplicitous. Not applicable nor enforced for masses of people rioting - demonstrating in the streets but certainly enforced against those who wish to gather in churches - and I presume synagogues - I wonder about Muslim temples...hmmm that's an interesting thought.

Non-compliance is something we all should develop as a skill - a tool to use when it becomes necessary. But it takes courage to do that - which honestly - most people don't have courage.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:120239
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.