slug.com slug.com

4 3

The case for masks has taken another body blow-
[redstate.com]

Now, the case for masks has taken another body blow as we are seeing large spikes in heavy mask wearing countries like Japan and the Philippines.

SpikeTalon 10 Aug 5

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Articles to support any point of view are easy to find. There are just as many saying masks are one of the most effective ways of slowing the spread of Covid 19. What is believed does not create reality.

From the article: We should all be asking why almost no one in power is willing to ask basic questions and demand answers, especially before rushing to mandate Americans do something by force of law.

Two things - there is a psychological effect of walking around looking at people wearing masks. When you cannot see someone's facial expressions it contributes to an unsettling environment. It is also amazing to me how quickly the Left obey like sheep - anything they are told - and it is easy to make that 'sale' apparently if it is in opposition to something Trump believes.

No one is saying that face masks prevent a person from getting the virus. It effectively reduces the chances of contracting it. Like when it is raining you can say that my shoes and lower pants are going to get wet so why bother with the umbrella?

@Pand0ro There are NO studies that show ANY effectiveness of cloth masks in either protecting the wearer or the people around them. It is all correlation and assumptions. The studies that show some effectiveness are with N95 and to a lesser extent surgical masks. One assumption/correlation that just got wrecked was that the Asian countries, that are heavy mask wearers, are now getting hit with a resurgence of the virus.

@debb1eb CDC study published Julyn22, 2020
Effectiveness of Cloth Masks for Protection Against Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2
States that surgical masks are more effective than cloth masks. Effectiveness of cloth masks vary according to materials and construction. It recommends wearing cloth masks when surgical masks are not available. Multilayer cloth masks, designed to fit around the face and made of water-resistant fabric with a high number of threads and finer weave, may provide reasonable protection. I can live with reasonable protection rather than no protection.

I liked the comment that masks breed infection.(my translation). We think the virus spreads person to person, is likely airborne, but MAY remain a while on surfaces.
It MUST enter through mucus membranes. I think people TRZNSMIT, stay far from them. Phone, text, email.
If you must see, stay a long way off. Basic. Get lots of AIR. Masks limit air.

Of course if masks are not worn properly, they're as good as useless. Then there's entrance of the viruses in to to the body through the eyes as well that must be considered.

Wear your goggles! 😂

@coalburned Will a welders perspex shield do?

@angelo Ha! Good enough. 😂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:119056
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.