slug.com slug.com

11 6

MASKS...
Drop the Conspiracy rubbish, real Drs wear these things and for good reasons.

[theaustralian.com.au]

Face masks are emerging as one of the most powerful weapons to fight the novel coronavirus, with growing evidence that facial coverings help prevent transmission — even if an infected wearer is in close contact with others.

Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said he believes the pandemic could be brought under control over the next four to eight weeks if “we could get everybody to wear a mask right now.” His comments, made Tuesday with the Journal of the American Medical Association, followed an editorial he and others wrote there emphasising “ample evidence” of asymptomatic spread and highlighting new studies showing how masks help reduce transmission.

Researchers from around the world have found wearing even a basic cloth face covering is more effective in reducing the spread of Covid-19 than wearing nothing at all. And many are now examining the possibility that masks might offer some personal protection from the virus, despite initial thinking that they mostly protect others.

Experts caution that widespread masking doesn’t eliminate the need to follow other recommendations, like frequent handwashing and social distancing.

Lightman 8 July 21

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Meta analysis of 10 studies showing masks do nothing [wwwnc.cdc.gov]

US death counts are fiction

You don't even have to test for the disease to mark a death as covid [cdc.gov]

So not only does anyone that has ever had the disease, even if they get decapitated by a train, get marked as a covid death, but you don't even have to test to see if they had the disease.

Now if you take those fictional death numbers and calculate the mortality of the disease...
. 1-.3% [miamidade.gov]
. 1-.3% [publichealth.lacounty.gov]
. 1-.3% [medrxiv.org]
. 2% [medrxiv.org]

You get the same mortality of the flu, again, this is with fictional death numbers.

Now have a look at more trustworthy numbers in
. 036% [medrxiv.org]
Mortality is less than half that of the flu.

Note: If you want to check this you have to get the death numbers from around the time the research was done and calculate it on the antibody numbers, if someone has antibodies, they had the disease

Face masks highly effective against Covid-19, new evidence suggests

Three separate studies find routine wearing of face masks can curb spread of coronavirus
Fri, Jun 12, 2020, 01:00

Dr Tony Holohan, Chief Medical Officer with the Department of Health has said that compliance by the public in relation to use of face coverings is not where the HSE would like it to be.

Three new studies from Germany, Britain and the United States have indicated face masks are highly effective in stopping the spread of coronavirus from person to person.

The first study examined the city of Jena in Germany, which made it compulsory for residents to wear face masks in public places, such as on public transport and while shopping, on April 6th.

Scarves and improvised cloth coverings were allowed where purpose-made masks were not available, and medical-grade masks were reserved for health workers.

After the introduction of the mandatory masks, “the number of new infections fell almost to zero”, noted the report, which was written by four academics working in Germany and Denmark and published by an independent research body, the Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).

“We believe that the reduction in the growth rates of infections by 40 per cent to 60 per cent is our best estimate of the effects of face masks . . . We should also stress that 40 to 60 per cent might still be a lower bound,” they write.

Wrong

@Jman698 Right..... medical expert opinion... global anecdotal evidence to back it up...

AUSTRALIA HERE. The WHO have taken over the internet, and have written their own lies, but the fact is, MASKS were the only thing that brought an end to the 1919 plague. These facts are written in my 1933 Encyclopedia, that the World Health Organisation don't want you to know. There's big money in this Cov-id Cov-er-up!!! And while every country in the world's economy is being destroyed, China's economy is growing and the WHO and the UN are benefiting from it!! The Climate hoax didn't work too well, but this has!! Masks save lives, NOT wearing one, doesn't!!! I wish you well.

The second we hear that trump 2020 is reelected we will never hear of the virus again..... Of that i can assure you.

Rubbish.... based on what?
If Trump is reelected in November we will still be in the pandemic.

More dopes die from smoking in 1967 than this virus scam.

Yeah, but no. I have no problem wearing a mask, in fact I have to wear one daily for my job. But for the CDC to come out an say it's critical that everyone wear them, and that it's a powerful weapon in the fight against corona virus, if ridiculous. Think i'm wrong? read the CDC's OWN report:
[wwwnc.cdc.gov]

where did they say that?

How Europe slowed its coronavirus cases from a torrent to a trickle

When Western European countries began phasing out their lockdowns this spring, a surge of coronavirus cases was widely expected to follow. Months on — even as Europeans mingle in bars, restaurants and crowded beaches — that still hasn’t happened.

As a surge in cases forces a number of U.S. states to reimpose restrictions, Europe’s reopening is for the most part going according to plan.

That is largely because of marked changes in social behaviour across much of Europe, following widespread efforts by policy makers to drill the public to follow a simple, three-pronged approach: Keep a distance when possible, enhance hygiene and wear a mask when necessary. Older people, who are more vulnerable, are especially careful.

In a sign that European governments remain concerned about a jump in new infections, masks in the continent are increasingly becoming obligatory. In France and the U.K., masks will be mandatory in public enclosed spaces from next week. In Germany, Italy and much of Spain, they already are. Austria is considering reinstating its indoor-mask order following a recent rise in infections.

Unlike the heated disputes in parts of the U.S. over mask-wearing, Europeans are broadly supportive. In France, for instance, 85% of people support the new rules, according to a BVA poll.

While in parts of the U.S. mask wearing is mandatory and widely adhered to, in other areas such orders are sparking political and legal battles. In Georgia, for instance, Gov. Brian Kemp filed a lawsuit last week to block a number of coronavirus restrictions, such as obligatory mask wearing, introduced by the mayor of Atlanta.

Only fools deny reality people...

[forbes.com]

Trouble is, I don't hear the HOMELESS getting Coronavirus and I should. They don't do ANYTHING recommended. They can't. And I haven't heard they're wiped out, have you.

Then we have riots, protesters. I don't hear they're coming down with coronavirus and I should.

I have heard many seniors in care homes(care is a misnomer) getting it.
Also I HAVEN'T heard about prisons being wiped out, and I should.
So, something's off here.

Just because you don't hear it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
BTW CV 19 is spread mostly by indoor close quarters transmission.

@Lightman Dirty indoors situations like dirty senior 'care' homes where old people go to die, have no more reason to live. Our medical professionals are OVERWORKED so THEIR immune is stressed. Running them 18 hours a day or longer WILL kill them from some disease.
Outdoors, SUNLIGHT, movement defeats the virus.
Again, the homeless. They don't seem to be suffering. Do you KNOW?
I think we'd hear.
It did not seem to bother protestors, not social distancing.
This is a strange, illogical thing.

@2FollowHim I hate to tell you this but you are clueless...and largely wrong in what you believe

@Lightman without any facts? Clueless about the homeless dying in droves? Is it happening, nobody reports? I don't know your meaning 'largely wrong', about masks being the answer?
About vaccines solving it all?
You're shooting in the dark with no bullets.
Be specific.

@2FollowHim Sorry where are your facts?????????? I must have missed them, at least I'm quoting experts.
BTW I never said masks were the answer.... but they are part of it.
Where did I personally mention vaccines? re you foolish antivaxxer too?
s for the rest of your strawmen... puhlease people can read ya know.

I work in a law enforcement related career. (Not a sworn officer, but I work with them every day.) Let me tell you that the homeless are getting Covid-19 and they are spreading it. Cities know about it. Your city you live in knows about it. The media doesn't talk about it because they don't care about the homeless. It's not sensational enough for them. You should know better than to trust the media.

@RavenMStark I see. We know they do none of the things. So,those numbers of deaths aren't being reported? In Canada, BC, I never heard of any. So, could you tell me, are those numbers being hidden. Is it the same thing in prisons? I'd like to know.
Remember the RIOTS? They said they didn't get the virus.
I'm trying to understand WHO gets it? Thanks for your time to reply.

@2FollowHim My understanding is that the numbers are being reported, but the reports are not being filtered out through the media. The media doesn't care about prisoners or homeless people. They don't care to follow up on if rioters got sick or not. - They WANT people to riot because that's great, sensational news. The numbers all fall into the big heap where all the numbers are reported and you can't tell who is who.

I can't speak for all prison systems, but I know that the ones near where I work are taking really strong measures to make sure the virus does not get in. They have separate sections for newcomers coming in and separate wings (sometimes even separate facilities) for anyone with any hint of illness. They are taking strong sanitation measures, making people wear masks, etc. They are avoiding arresting people (giving citations instead) in any possible case they can, saving arrest for violent criminals and others who really need to be locked up to protect society. They're trying desperately to keep it from getting to the general population.

I can't answer all of your questions because I don't know the answers.

@RavenMStark How might I learn about homeless cases? Where I live, big drug problems, supplied by CCP, China. Many categories of homeless. They wouldn't wear a mask, social distance or wash at all.
I just want to find out if they're targets here. You're in US? Are they dying in the streets there?

I wonder why YouTube would suppress this?
Any thoughts?
I live about 35 minutes from these areas.

@2FollowHim I'm in the USA, in the west, Colorado area. Here, they are getting sick and spreading it in the shelters we have set up. Some have died in the street or in flop houses. I can't give real numbers because I don't have any, but I will say the numbers do not seem crazy high - just higher than normal transient deaths. I honestly think MOST people do get sick and then recover, which is good news.

I haven't been able to find any resources about homeless cases. (I've been looking!) Everything I'm saying is just based on hearsay and trends I've seen in the paperwork I do - all anecdotal info, so make of that what you will. I just think it's not being studied by anyone or reported by the media. I don't think it's suppression so much as lack of interest. We need some good journalists to start doing some digging or some real scientists to begin studies.

@RavenMStark I've heard nothing here, even YouTube. That's how I asked.
But seems they ignore it? And, as you said, they recover.
I JUST read that recovery rate is 99.8%, so that must be.
Thanks for bearing with me in this. Appreciate your time.

@2FollowHim Thank you for being interested in what I have to say! I wish we had better info but I imagine we'll just have to wait and learn more in the days to come.

Another leftist ploy to float a trial balloon so they can see how much control they can get.

The virus is non political Sunshine it don't vote.

@Lightman but leftists USE, abuse for dom8nation. Or is that just mostly all wrong too?

@2FollowHim its Conspiranut stuff...

@Lightman Labeling doesn't make your point, nor unmake theirs.

@2FollowHim they don't have a point
mostly this is brought to you courtesy of antivaxxers and Conspiranuts do you think its part of mind control plot????? hmmm
why don't you want to wear mask if its necessary?
so far I've had to wear one twice because the hospital staff didn't want to risk me infecting anyone. whats your excuse gonna be when they ask you?

@Lightman We are obedient to their request and a hospital is not the same as outside, am I right?
People usually are SICK in hospitals, right? But at the park, or beach, what we need to fight the virus is abundance of AIR, sunshine.
I am anti vax also because I insist on knowing what's IN the vaccine, what it does. And so should you.
There is evidence that far more boy babies are born now with autism.
And how do we know long term effects.
No, strengthen your immune, stay active, healthy.
Wuhan had close proximity in a dirty environment, with unclean air.
A breeding ground.
But good to hear arguments, gets us all thinking.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:114679
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.