slug.com slug.com

5 16

JK Rowling is valiantly defending the hill of free speech and she needs reinforcements-
[redstate.com]

SpikeTalon 10 July 9

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I suppose moderation is a step. One which many here are on. Yes, she leans left (even though there are excellent arguments for many ideas on the right, like concealed carry, in her Harry Potter books). Sure, she is still waking up. Yeah, she needs to talk to a few of us to get out of her think tank. She should be made welcome here though. We should welcome one of the left's own with open arms and a celebration. That is how we win this culture war.

Well said, I agree.

It’s time the silent majority woke up, spoke up, stand up and be counted.
Speak the truth !
Say what needs to be said.
Our rebellious children need our council before they shoot themselves in The foot and drag us down with them

“The free exchange of information and ideas, the lifeblood of a liberal society, is daily becoming more constricted,” reads the letter. “While we have come to expect this on the radical right, censoriousness is also spreading more widely in our culture: an intolerance of opposing views, a vogue for public shaming and ostracism, and the tendency to dissolve complex policy issues in a blinding moral certainty.”

WTF J.K. et al?! The right didn't start this, and until you lot got canceled we were the only ones fighting it. I'm happy to stand with anyone to support free speech, but seriously, show a little appreciation for the people who agree with you about it and who may be the only ones who know how to forgive!

At times both extremes are guilty of such, it's just these days the left is far more aggressive in their approach.

You're absolutely right. I'm not going to abandon someone who is fighting for free speech, but to snipe at the very people who will most likeky be on your side...I'm dumbfounded. What the hell?

No she isn't. she threw in with the mob and they turned on her. now she's trying to save her own skin.

Any links?

@SpikeTalon you can google her as easily as anyone else. There is no doubt that Rowling was a celebrity, honored member of the Woke left. Now they are attacking her - cancelled her and she is whining about it. She was sleeping with the devil IMHO. I would not offer her any sympathy unless or until she openly rejects the whole Woke, cancel culture, leftist PC movement of which she was an avidly participating member.
Denounce the ideology and maybe I'll have sympathy but not likely she will do that.

@iThink By what he said above, thought maybe he had sources on hand. Can't say I have sympathy for her and no doubt as to her connections with the left, but so far she has stood her ground though.

Good for her. More people need to do the same

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:111341
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.