slug.com slug.com

4 7

Cancel culture is out of control-
[reason.com]culture-is-out-of-control/

SpikeTalon 10 July 8

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The online mob came for Harald Uhlig.
What terrible thing had he done? As I show in my new video, he tweeted that Black Lives Matter "torpedoed itself, with its full-fledged support of #defundthepolice." Instead of defunding, Uhlig suggested, "train them better."
Hundreds of people then signed a petition to demand that Uhlig, a University of Chicago professor and head of the Journal of Political Economy, resign. Even prominent economists like Janet Yellen and Paul Krugman joined the mob. Krugman called Uhlig "another privileged white man who evidently cannot control his urge to belittle the concerns of those less fortunate."
But that's just a lie. Uhlig wasn't belittling concerns of anyone less fortunate.
"There was nothing racist or discriminatory in how he said it," says Reason magazine senior editor Robby Soave, who covers the new "woke" protests. "But because he has some different views from the protesters, he must be a racist."

Nothing new there been happening for decades...
I've always said and keep repeating this TRUTH...
Progressives cannot tolerate dissent.
This is just more proof of how true those words are.

I also don't understand the ridicule and racism heaped on him... I don't talk in colours except when quoting others. I don't understand that. People who aren't racist don't talk in colours. People who do only perpetuate the problem.

Someone should make a compilation of all these morons fabricating reasons to cancel people/groups and call it "Imaginations Gone Wild".

When normally sane, respected people start regurgitating nonsense, you know things have gone way too far.

@M1959 Longer.

I'm looking forward to the day where the Orobouros eats its own tail. After that woman who got fired from Deloitte, I would expect it to happen sooner rather than later.

[harpers.org]

Silver linings.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:111254
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.