slug.com slug.com

5 7

Leftwingers hate on liberal open letter on free speech-
[reason.com]

SpikeTalon 10 July 8

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Leftists say that “Speech is ONLY Free” when THEY Say it is.
Until, they change their minds ...
Until they say otherwise ...
Until it no longer suits they’re purpose ...
Not ONLY do you have to pay rapt attention to THEM in order to catch the Changes ...
You have to be Ready to Instantly Erase things You said or wrote IN THE PAST
Things that made You Their HERO a week, a month, a year or even LONGER Ago...
Can Suddenly be Used Against You ...
As THEIR “Thought” Evolves ...

They are running their plays from a Very Old Playbook
Screaming “Nazi Racist” at everyone who disagrees with them
And yet ... the Playbook was Written and Perfected by ACTUAL NAZIs

Now, now... Don't discount George Orwell's (inadvertent) contribution to that playbook. The ability to hold two contradictory thoughts at the same time and believe in both is Doublethink. Today the Left has taken it way further into *Multithink," which is a form of mental illness.

But which came first? The Multithink, or the Madness?

Funny how they start getting concerned when it hits closer to home. 🖕

On Tuesday morning, Harper's Magazine published a joint letter from 153 prominent writers, academics, and entertainers, ranging from Noam Chomsky to David Brooks, J.K. Rowling to Wynton Marsalis, Salman Rushdie to Gloria Steinem, expressing concern that "the free exchange of information and ideas, the lifeblood of a liberal society, is daily becoming more constricted."
The 532-word document is a direct response to the remarkable past six weeks or so at American media and cultural institutions, which have experienced a wave of firings, resignations, and castigations over purportedly harmful words, deeds, and sometimes costumes.

When I was a kid the common saying was: STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK YOUR BONES BUT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT ME... whatever happened to that mentality?
Today's kids seem to be offended and hurt by the smallest things victimhood reigns supreme. Get a backbone people.

Noam Chomsky... good grief... I used to call him Chumpsky
Well I guess he has to eventually be right about something.

Seems to me 1984 is here... a bit late, but here... Doublethink, Hate Week, Proles, Doublespeak, Oldspeak, Newspeak....

Seems they only become concerned once their own mob starting eating them to, how sad.

As much as I would hope this would push people to a more liberty mindset, I have doubts. Still, I'm glad they've stood up to the mob in some way.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:111251
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.