slug.com slug.com

6 10

Why does it seem like history is being repeated for the umpteenth time? Books being censored, art being destroyed, class division, the plague, riots. What is next the burning of the library of Congress? This same repeated thing has been going on for well over 10,000 years When is society going to mature?

azzow2 4 July 6

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Those that don't know their history never learn from it....

The same reason they can still sell "time shares", there's always a new generation of people, coming up, who are experiencing life and learning ideas for the very first time. In some respects, history only begins when you are born.

For us collectively to learn for our past, we need to pay attention to it. Unfortunately, it is not being taught in schools. Parents need to step in and teach their children correct principles and history. No one else will do it.

I try on every opportunity I get to show my kids how to think with common sense as well as tell them how I had learned and progressed from my own mistakes.

I used to associate Nietzsche with the Nazis and never really got in depth with his philosophy. Recently, I picked up my old college texts and began reading. I find his commentary on human nature to be pretty spot on, especially when he describes how the weaker man does not seek equality but revenge for what life has not given him whereas the strong man overcomes life's challenges and finds himself a champion of the weak.

I had been wavering with progressivism for years after no one seemed to care when Obama droned the shit out of the same foreign countries he was telling us we ought to accept refugees from. I was one of the "why are we turning them into refugees" people. However, it was when I interacted with some progressives on reddit who justified the killing of white children in South Africa because "Of course people will be mad and seek revenge". I asked "even women and children"? Their response was yes. When I pointed out that they didn't make policy I was given Lenin's--to make omelets you must breaks some eggs analogy.

The final straw came when someone asked me would I rather live in Iran or a progressive state and I realized that among even the most theocratic religious state there are still ways to appeal on mercy. You don't have that with progressives anymore.

ThomasinaPaine, I agree with your thinking about Progressives, buy I do wonder why they are called Progressive, to me they are not going forward, but regressing to the old "do it my way or no way." I've got the opinion 1/3 don't know what they want, 1/3is education is restricted from helping students to open their mind when learning, 1/3 is the media being controlled for power, leaning to one type of thought, not facts, reality. I'm over 60 now, so getting college students to open their minds is difficult, can you change other's minds when you learn?

You have an excellent point and if I am getting the just of what you are saying it is that weaker is not in terms of physical strength it is in willpower and dedication.

Because all of our prosperity and success notwithstanding mankind is unchanged - has not "evolved" one iota through all the years of our existence. We will always be in a cycle of achievement, failure, rebuilding, rebirth...hey, that sounds just like almost all religious mythologies...go figure.

The problem is, kids these days are not being taught history from a factual point of view. Interesting albeit trying times we live in...

I have got to tell you to read these replies is so much more thought fill than what we would get on Agnostics and they are common sense filled as well.

@azzow2 You got that right.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:110623
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.