slug.com slug.com

3 2

3 things to know about the 'new NAFTA' that begins today-
[reason.com]

On a side note, I was not able to independently verify the claims made in the article above, not yet anyway.

SpikeTalon 10 July 1

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well ... its interesting that Reason seems to tout NAFTA as having been “ .... a smashing success for the economies of all three countries ...” since the USA lost THOUSANDS of companies to Mexico ... just ask Southern Connecticut which lost EVERY commercial and Industrial Hardware Manufacturer (except the Corporate Offices)(except STANLEY ‘We Build America’ who moved COMPLETELY to China) ...
NAFTA was a horrorshow right from the beginning. It was predicated on reciprocal purchasing ... anybody know what either Mexico or Canada bought?

The USMCA could have done more ... SHOULD have done more ... but it was chopped to pieces and shredded by the Congress.

You have to look at the USMCA like the Wall ... although they have so far fallen far short of the Goal ... the Promises ... the FACT They Exist AT ALL is rather AMAZING ... and BOTH are “Foot in the Door” moves.
Given the Burning Desire to Prevent Pres. Trump from accomplishing ANYTHING ... “Scoring ANY sort of “WIN” ... its almost astounding that it happened at all.

Note that the USMCA is structured to be regularly “renegotiated” the Wall keeps inching forward ... keeps winning small victories in Court ...

Trump SHOULD have Four More Years to work with that he can simply push forward as he knows he won’t be up for election again. He has slowly made progress at geotting support from many republicans. He has learned A LOT about this Government in the past few years ... he has learned to distrust the people being suggested to him as “Experts” by the Deep State.
After Pres. Trump, will the “regular” political types get back in power and screw it all up? Gee ... I dunno ... what do you think? However, it will be THEIRS to “Throw Away” ... MAYBE We will come up with ANOTHER “IronMan” ...

The USMCA is not all that wonderful but it was a solid bunch of Points on the Scoreboard at a time when they were desperately needed.

Looks like a win-win for America, with a movement to force auto and other manufacturing to return to the USA, and an increase in exports of American agricultural products. Increasing international digital trade was bound to happen, with or without NAFTA regulation. It will be interesting to see how well that area is regulated in the future, and how difficult it will be to manage.

Sigh... I wish normies would just leave us alone. I know, I Know... Still. I wish.

Fuck, there they go, normies again, screwing over the internet by translating physical border onto the web via data limits, and tariffs, and control. They say they were preventing them, but that's bullshit. They are the only ones who can implement them. Fuck dammit.

People, start using Bitcoins. Before they manage to brainwash people into using their government controlled crypto first. In the crypto race we are today, the first crypto coin that people adopt will be the permanent winner. We still have time to try to promote Bitcoin or Ethereum, which are decentralized by design. Please please please let's not wait because we know all the sheeple will just go with whatever the government/CNN/AOC tells them to use. Let's do it. It's not hard to use at all, it's just some basics because it works a little different. I have a few crypto accounts, both physical and digital already. Empty, but I do have them lol Try it out.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:109145
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.