slug.com slug.com

6 6

Why am I not hearing Jack-Shit from the Republican party about the atrocities being committed against our western culture. Statues of great hero's being destroyed and burned. I thought the Republican party had integrity and stood for the working man. But by keeping their mouths shut as ANTIFA and BLM riot and loot shows that they care more about votes and staying in office than protecting our great nation. I'd love to see an old time politician like Lester Madox passing out ax handles.

daroldbanniste 7 June 30

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Tucker Carlson’s interview-take down of Senator Mike Braun yesterday (it’s still up on YouTube) sums up what’s wrong with the party and why you don’t hear much in the way of GOP standing up for our civil rights. They’re too busy virtue signaling, desperately trying not to be called racist, which inevitably they be anyway. Pitiful.

"Statues of great hero's [sic]"

Do you mean traitorous losers? People who turned traitor against the United States and were our enemy, fighting against real Americans, all for the right to keep owning slaves? They are the ultimate participation trophy. And some were erected decades after the civil war, in an attempt to intimidate black people.

Did you complain about heroes and heritage when the Iraqi people tore down the Saddam Hussein statue?

Wasn’t for the Iraq war, so no. I had an ominous feeling about it all along. Back to present time; was any of this vandalism about Confederate statutes? Not for long! The mob has moved right on to northern generals, founding fathers, explorers and abolitionists. And on it goes.

I could be wrong, but I think that Republicans do not represent the working people, but instead represent the shareholders, employers and largest participants in capitalism. My personal stance on capitalism is that I feel it is the best system in practice. Other systems might look pretty on paper for a moment, but...yeah, due to human nature , I feel that capitalism is the best option

The Republican Party is not different than the Democrat Party - they only care about power and they don't care if they are in charge or not. They are not conservative, classical liberals or even traditionalists. They are narcissists at best, sociopaths at worse and (mostly) don't give a shit about US, or U.S.

The US is much more diverse than it was 60 years ago. You are going to lose some symbols of your privilege. Hope you can deal.

If you think diversity of skin color is the only criteria of value - then you fail to understand the foundation of this country.

In some cultural contexts, by some modern standards, the above would be considered an advocacy for genocide.

@tracycoyle If you think I think diversity of skin color is the only criteria of value, then you have failed to clear the straw men out of your head.

@govols Statue removal is genocide!

@WilyRickWiles

By "genocide" we mean the destruction of an ethnic group…. Generally speaking, genocide does not necessarily mean the immediate destruction of a nation, except when accomplished by mass killings of all members of a nation. It is intended rather to signify a coordinated plan of different actions aiming at the destruction of essential foundations of the life of national groups, with the aim of annihilating the groups themselves. The objectives of such a plan would be disintegration of the political and social institutions, of culture, language, national feelings, religion, and the economic existence of national groups, and the destruction of the personal security, liberty, health, dignity, and even the lives of the individuals belonging to such groups….

@WilyRickWiles

Genocide is the concerted, coordinated effort to destroy any human group or collectivity as it is defined by the perpetrator.

We recognize that most humans possess identities that evolve and overlap, and also that societies have invented many of the most commonly held identities, such as race. That is why we emphasize “as it is defined by the perpetrator.” Groups that have suffered genocidal violence have usually been identified by “race” or “ethnicity,” nation, religion, political identity, or by social class or membership (or perceived membership) in other social groupings, such as those defined by sexual orientation or gender identity. It is essential therefore to avoid creating a restrictive list of potential victim groups (as in the 1948 UN definition).

Genocide differs from other mass crimes against humanity and atrocities by its ambition. Genocide aims to not only eliminate individual members of the targeted group but to destroy the group’s ability to maintain its social and cultural cohesion and, thus, its existence as a group. Because perpetrators very rarely provide explicit statements of genocidal intent, this intent can be uncovered by examining policies, actions, and outcomes, as well as the guiding ideology.

@govols It's called social change. Sometimes the symbols lag the population. The only way the 1950s are coming back is actual genocide. I hope that's not what you want.

@WilyRickWiles And what privilege do you speak of?

@WilyRickWiles

Sometimes it's called social change. Sometimes it's called social policy. Sometimes it's called genocide.

Depends on whether you favor the policies enacted upon you in order to facilitate the changes, I suppose.

@tracycoyle I'm talking about symbols of cultural status, which are a limited resource. The Columbus statue in my city is an example of that for the Italian community. It's part of a myth created to assimilate them as white Americans. It has an implicit meaning about groups of people who Columbus victimized.

@WilyRickWiles I would argue what you call 'myth' is what I would called 'shared values'. My parents were immigrants to this country BECAUSE of those 'shared values'.

How Columbus could be held accountable for what happened 200 years later is beyond me.

But that is the 'retroactive vigilantism' that is being cheered on right now.

The idea that we can take TODAY'S values and apply them to some distant past event or person is culturally destructive.

And I see NO CULTURE in the world today of greater value to those at the lowest levels of the economic and political strata than that of the United States - that is being attacked by those with TRUE privilege (white knight liberals).

@tracycoyle

How about we at least apply yesterday's truth rather than yesterday's myth?
[thenation.com]

@WilyRickWiles I am 25 seconds into the video and let me see if MY rememberence of 'his-story' is correct: Columbus set out to find a new way to the East to open trade routes to the Orient that didn't include going around Cape Horn or overland through the Middle East: he failed. Miserably at that.

Second, the closest he got to what became the United States, was the Caribbean Islands.

Third, the Portuguese thought Columbus was a poor sailor which is why Spain funded the exhibition. By the way, not that it made much difference, but his patrons were the first Rulers to outlaw slavery of indigenous peoples - something easily gotten around by those that ignored them.

Now....let's see if the video spins the above as a way to denigrate someone cheered by 'popular mythos'....

@WilyRickWiles And the 'guilt by association' - the attempt to suggest that someone with skill at fiction is therefore, when writing 'non-fiction' is in fact creating a work of fiction, is a nice little smear.

I wonder three things about the Adam History: how did they know the population of the indigenous population? Was it a slaughter? Who told that story? Could they have died of sickness brought by the ships?

I think the 'discovery' of the New World brought HORRORS to it -- that were already here in abundance. Indians slaughtered indians - including women and children. Wars were large and brutal. Slavery existed. The South and Central American tribes were barbaric by most standards, even of the day - let's face it, African tribes were every bit as bad (and still are).

@WilyRickWiles Finally, remember the 'experts of the day' were WRONG. And while the belief of Columbus was 'wrong' whatever the reason, he undertook PHYSICALLY himself to prove he was right - a trip that was 'doomed' via the experts. He proved himself and them wrong - in the best possible way of ANY explorer - testing the hypothesis. The risk then was immense, not just financially, but physically, personally.

I honor THAT spirit on Columbus Day. It is a spirit that built this country. He wasn't a scientist in a lab testing something, he was looking for riches. The people that built this country were not generally looking to build a great country - they wanted to be rich and well off so they could relax and enjoy their old age.

Our Founders were slave holders, were RICH by most standards of the day, were educated in ways unavailable to almost the entire population. They were the ELITE of their day.

And yet. The result has lifted more people out of poverty than any other country ever. This culture, so demonized by the Left, has inspired MILLIONS to come. Millions to succeed. A culture too many 'elite' seek to destroy because it fails to be their 'ideal'.

@tracycoyle Liberalism will survive a few removed statues. Your chauvinistic version may not.

@WilyRickWiles Liberalism as practiced by today's Left has NO foundation in classical liberalism - and certainly would not survive it's success. Hint: Venezuela.

@govols, @WilyRickWiles a few removed statutes. You’re not very wise to mob violence backed by cultural Marxism that has a nation’s establishment by a blood libel guilt lock. The USA is unique in that we’re positing the “peaceful protesters” as noble savages just blowing off some righteous steam. Yes, sounds racist. Many white progressives are in this regard. Stop trolling. We’re on to you.

@CarriePCox [reason.com]

I believe you to be a cut in the wool Democrat sir. You do not share the beliefs of us conservatives. I believe anyone has a rght to assemble and protest. But to burn and loot private property and restrict the moment of free people as your ANTIFA and BLM do is not alright. And my conservative friends and I will not be quiet about it. For christs sake, look at Chicago. Why don't you move to Austin neighborhood and deal with that.

Both parties have want d this for decades. Only a few in the Republican party actually care. It's time to end these 2 parties for good

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:108720
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.