slug.com slug.com

2 1

Kira Davis: How do we cancel the cancel culture?
[redstate.com]

SpikeTalon 10 June 24

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We need to make it so that when these mobs go to some authority, like an employer, to try to have someone canceled, that they just tell them to fuck off instead of bending the knee. We will never be able to cure authoritarianism but if people stop caving to their demands, their power is gone.

The (universal?) dynamic of fearing what others think of you infects not just the individual but the organization too and ANY apparent stain on reputation is punished ruthlessly. I understand why and while I agree with you - I've not seen many companies willing to stand up to the mob AND THE MEDIA that generally piles on.

Individuals and organizations that can (and have) stand up to the mob tend to be isolated and platforms denied.

Use it. I don't buy the idea that 'getting down in the gutter with them' is wrong. You don't fight evil by standing too high above it to reach it....

Sorry, I don't agree, you can't fight ideological totalitarism with the same.

Having said that I don't really know what the answer is.

Just spit balling ideas, if an emoloyer was to fire someone due to say a right of centre Facebook post, could they not be prosecuted for discrimination?

@tjhal1 WWII was a fight against totalitarism with violence and 'totalitarism'. The NEW Brown Shirts are no different than their ideological brothers of the 1940s, just less 'State bound'

@tjhal1 No. At will employment (I support it) pretty much gives the employer open range to fire someone for any reason - current discrimination laws prevent firing on characteristic grounds but political opinion is not a 'protected class'.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:106843
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.