slug.com slug.com

2 2

LINK Hate speech or free speech?

While I certainly do not agree with this woman's hatred and speech, the First Amendment guarantees her right to speak. Her hatred does not give her a peaceful soul. Her hatred will not give her grandchildren peaceful souls, if they espouse the hatred she obviously feels toward these other protesters.
It is the duty of the police to protect her speech and person from physical violence as it is their duty to protect the other protesters from any physical violence that might come from her hatred.

turnerjolene48 7 June 23

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hate is hate, I no more approve of this than I do the people on the other side of the coin.

@turnerjolene48 I can still agree or disagree, and when you are promoting hate against someone else, I disagree. Nothing in my above statement said anything about denying their right to free speech? I am not burning buildings, assaulting or killing people in the streets. I am exercising my right to speak.

@turnerjolene48 I see since the first post, the woman in question has lost her job and issued a public apology. So I guess you can't call it free speech, it certainly came at a cost.

The anarchists are the ones who are against any speech that disagrees with their beliefs. As an example, look at college campuses across the country and see how much they have become a closed minded society to root out all other beliefs other than their own, so much so, they create areas on their campuses called free-speech zones, which then tells us the rest of the campus is on lock-down for freedom of expression. Only God and our prayers can help us in this evil time period in our history.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:106581
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.