slug.com slug.com

1 2

LINK YouTube--Jordan Peterson's Darwinian Truth

Is Jordan Peterson right about Darwinian Truth? My blog is Susurrus Waking.

Joel_Fry 6 June 11

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger. There is truth in this statement but it may not apply to every person in every situation.

If this isn't "somewhat the case" how do you have a strong generation and then a week generation. For example WWII vets who grew of during the great depression vs. the modern American.

There seems to be "some" truth to the statement, hard times make strong people make for good times vs. the opposite.

I'm not one for absolutes and I can't quote anyone, it's just a gut feeling. We aren't computers so we do need balance.  Maybe you can shed some light on this.  

A scenario where people aren't willing to do something because they are scared, people who take the easy road, etc. Don't you think there are different outcomes between a person who takes on scary challenges and someone who doesn't?

Yes, I do think there are differences between brave people and cowards. What I was saying is that we shouldn't forget Lao Tzu. I never agree completely with everything I read, and I'm sure you don't either. I think Nietzsche was speaking for himself, but the statement has been co-opted to be generalized to everyone, but as I say in a poem, "As a generalization, water is harder than iron." If you would like to read more of my poetry you can Google "Susurrus Waking." Peace, and thanks for commenting. Joel

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:103150
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.