slug.com slug.com

6 6

Should we stop streaming Gone With The Wind?
[reason.com]

Short answer, no.

SpikeTalon 10 June 10

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you want to see a movie that shows the insanity of liberals and communist and is a harbringer of what is going on here see " The Sand Pebbles". IT's about a US Navy Gunboat stationed in China during the Communist Revolution in the 1930's.

IMHO it's the most overrated movies of all time. I will NEVER of censoring or blacklisting it.

I agree, it is highly overrated, and I too are not for censoring it.

@SpikeTalon for its time, GWTW was extremely advanced technically and in storytelling. Central character was a women, in 1939. wow. all that has allowed it to hold up over time.

I am not in favor of censoring. it is always counter productive when you think very, very long term

@mimizhusband I'm not for censoring it either, but I did find the movie to be rather boring all in all though.

Why would we want to do that?

Some of the so called inaccurate portrayals of blacks were probably more accurate than the leftist portrayals of blacks in media today. Also the left is working overtime to remove any TRUE but negative portrayals of blacks in old movies. There was a particular scene of Africans steaming an explorer in a ball of mud that the women encased him in. This was in the movie ZULU. In the original they had a little pipe kept in his mouth so as he steamed, they could laugh at his screaming. Last time I watched the movie the whole scene was gone. When they called Africa the dark continent they were not meaning skin color.

Should we stop streaming sports full of x-gang members who do not want to be role models, just suck up money? YES....

We should maybe SERIOUSLY consider banning “ROOTS” due to its many historical inaccuracies as admitted by the author (Alex Haley?) himself even though ... or especially ... since he tried to pawn it off as being “historically accurate”.

That movie is played during black history month in every high school history class. Teachers around the country are convincing our youth that this movie is fact and historically accurate. Now I know why this black generation is filled with so much hate.

we got extra credit if we watched that when it aired. i saw most of it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:102972
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.