slug.com slug.com

7 3

Black Lives Matter developing highly trained 'military' arm to declare war on police-
[redstate.com]

I thought this was interesting, but it's worth adding that nowhere else could I find any other source that confirmed such. Take what you will and leave the rest behind.

SpikeTalon 10 June 7

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Seems the NY chapter of the BP, went through that decades back in California, police departments calmed racial profiling. We've also had the Guardian Angels who, without weapons, patrolled and calmed violence. I witness officers trained to agression and pushed with an unwritten quota, the challenge, let's look at the training of LEOS and profits made through the court system.

The laws on concealed or open carry don't have any language which would be seen as racist. According to the law, every law abiding citizen has the right to carry for self defense. Black, white or any other colour of American citizen when meeting the legal requirements (i.e. no felonies, no domestic violence charges etc.) Will be given a permit.

My concern is that these groups have largely been in support of gun control in the past. The way I'm seeing this:

Step 1: Make laws limiting the armament of the general law abiding population
Step 2: Let them get used to that for a while
Step 3: Create a massive beef with police
Step 4: Have the people you've just disarmed dismantle the police.
Step 5: Now that the average citizen has no protection, large groups of unvetted, angry, untrained, potentially criminal gangs patrol the streets.

Because that's so much better than a rogue cop here and there...

The article says "they will send out armed 'Peace Officers' to 'patrol black communities"'...

Sounds fine to me.

If random white men can patrol the streets of Philadelphia with melee weapons, violating curfew, and the police ignore 911 calls of people being threatened by them in their own homes, then this is fine too.

If white people can open carry and shout in police faces at the State Capitol, or casually browse a Walmart with an armed rifle, then I see no problem with black people open carrying.

If Oath Keepers and 3 Percenters can patrol areas while heavily armed, I see no problem with BLM doing the same.

You cannot be all in on 2nd Amendment rights of only one group, and for strict gun control of another.

The only thing you forgot to mention is that BLM has threatened violence recently, whereas Oath Keepers and 3 Percenters and similar groups have not. I'm all for the blacks being armed, but when you threaten others with violence and in particular innocent people I draw the line. I could only imagine the uproar there would be if Oath Keepers went around threatening groups of people that they disagreed with...

@SpikeTalon can you link examples of BLM threatening violence, official BLM representation specifically, and not just claims of defending themselves? I am not trying to be clever here, I am sincerely curious as to what you have heard, as I will condemn it if true.

@JacksonNought Organizing a "military" to take on all cops is too radical, conceivably there are cops who are not prone to violence. I have no qualms with BLM members who only wish to defend themselves. When I get the spare time I'll look up some examples, I do not have any links off hand.

@SpikeTalon of course, proper research takes time, no argument here.

I will just say, based on their "take on all cops" statement, I see it as they are fed up with what they perceive as unjust violence against unarmed black people. This is violence they do not see used against white people, even armed and dangerous white people. They see cops claim an old man tripped and cracked their head open, until a video comes out that shows they clearly pushed him. They see a lawful gun owner shot several times in his car just for following the law and telling the officer he had a licensed firearm. They see an officer walk into the wrong apartment and shoot a man in his own home, and no charged filed until people rise up. They see unidentified police officers storm into a house to find a suspect who was already arrested hours prior, and when the homeowner thinks there are criminals breaking in and tries to defend himself, the cops shoot at him and kill his sleeping girlfriend - and not only are the officers not punished, they charge the homeowner with attempted murder. They see all of this and how they are not being protected by the police, and feel the need to take their protection into their own hands. I do not see this as them going to war with cops, or targeting them, but rather trying to protect their own communities and defend themselves from police brutality. To me, this is no different than Oath Keepers trying to protect communities with firearms - they just see the threat coming from the authorities, not other civilians.

@JacksonNought Again, I've no qualms with them wanting to protect themselves and their loved ones, but if they expect me to believe that all cops are murderers then I require some hard evidence first before I take such at face value. Also keep in mind groups like Oath Keepers don't go around claiming everyone who works in Government is automatically corrupt and up to no good, nor have they issued any public statement suggesting an all out war on all of those employed by Government.

The issue with police brutality runs far deeper than just racism, it is problematic across the board for all citizens. A few years back there was an incident with police that involved a white guy in which was killed by the police, and that story got very little media attention as he was white and thus did not fit the racism narrative of the left agenda. Can't remember his name now, but when I do think I'll do a post on that.

Not sure if I mentioned this to you, but I'm not particularly fond of identity movements like Oath Keepers/BLM/3 Percenters etc. I can't help but think all these identity movement groups help to keep us divided with propaganda. For instance... I fully support the Second Amendment with no exceptions, yet upon informing them most people are surprised to learn that I am not a member in any gun rights organizations like the NRA, that group business just doesn't faze me much, which is also a main reason why I do not care for religion.

Supine invertebrate protoplasmic jellies!

What is very obvious at this point is this is not about George Floyd.

BLM could spend a lot of that energy on the murders in their own community.

Why would you need to declare war on police when your defunding and closing them down? When the police are gone other violence hierarchies will rise. It would be nice if they BLM were developing a highly trained 'military' arm but this story is clearly untrue. The story is not following a victim narrative.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:102278
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.