slug.com slug.com

1 4

What’s the Deal with Trump and Bibles/Churches

I really don’t get the message. Is he saying the Bible is gonna save us? I mean what about us non-Christians? Do I have to become Christian to be American?! Christians used the same bible to justify slavery, white supremacy, on and on.. do I have to worship the Abrahamic text to be American?! Trump is fucking up.

FrozenSoul 7 June 2

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Trump has probably never opened a Bible in his life. He is a showman, and is playing to his most loyal following - evangelicals. He doesn't care if he alienates everyone else, as long as his base is happy.

You will also find a good amount of people saying you aren't a real American if you aren't Christian. In America, it is "tradition" to swear oaths on the Bible, and many government officials will swear their oaths on the Bible. Recently, Arizona Senator Kyrsten Sinema decided to swear her oath of office on a US law book, not the Bible. You should have seen the hate she got for that all over the Internet, saying she should be disqualified and kicked out of office immediately. Let's also not forget the hate thrown on Obama, saying he was a "secret Muslim" and should be thrown out of office - as if it was illegal to be Muslim. He wasn't anyway, he is more of a Christian than Trump will ever be.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:101242
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.