slug.com slug.com

6 1

Riots

Im not sure what to think there are good and bad on both sides. I don't think burning down buildings and hurting innocent people are the answer though. But if you look though history it seems like the only way to bring change it violently,although i wish there was another way.

What do you think of the riots?

• 22 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 1 vote
LesleeDean 4 June 1

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Seriously... you don't think burning buildings and hurting the innocent is the answer? Really, you've thought about this and you're not sure?

What change do you think needs to occur exactly? And why do you think there isn't another way?
I'm not sure when threatening, injuring, and killing the innocent ever solved a problem. And to burn and loot - destroying innocent peoples financial lives has never solved a problem either.

But you go on wondering if it's the answer, okay? Give it a good, long think.

Cops are getting away with killing people. The kill some one get a pension and get to live the rest of there lives with out judgement. Obviously we all know that is wrong, I would hope anyways. That's what's needs to change, this cops are finally getting some judgement but we will see with the trial and all that. The only reason people knew this happened is because some people filmed it. How many times has this happened and we don't know about it?

@LesleeDean That's true. Sometimes cops kill people. Sometimes it's unjustified. But rarely does a cop get off "without judgment" for doing so.

And burning, looting, and injuring or killing the innocent isn't justice against those police who may get away with it.

We only know about Floyd because someone filmed it... And there are cops killed all the time for routine traffic stops and so on... even led into ambushes, that have also been filmed.

@Tycho I totally agree with you that do cops get killed on duty, and that is also injustice. I also agree that the looting and burning isn't going to help or bring about change, but that's only the small percent that the media covers. I went to a protest in my home town everybody was peaceful cops, city council members, and the mayor walked with us. In my opinion, tell me if I'm wrong but I believe that the cops and other people I charge have to be held responsible for their actions as much as the citizens do.

@LesleeDean Indeed, cops, politicians and others in the public trust have to be held accountable for their actions and lack of action... I'd say those in the public trust have to be held to a higher standard. But violent action against the innocent is never acceptable. If a police officer oversteps his authority or even commits some violence or brutality, how can looting and burning someone's business be any kind of solution? A suffered at the hands of B, therefore C punches D in the nose and takes his wallet... Hmmm, I don't see any justification or solution there.

@Tycho I agree with you that burning things and harming innocent people isn't the answer. What I have to wonder is how many of the "roits" there actually were. I seen so many videos of cops beating and pepper spraying people who were peacefully protesting. Honestly it's kinda hard to know the truth, when all the media outlets suck and put ther down spin on things, not just this. I don't doubt that actual riots have and probably will still happen the question is, how do we know for sure that all or most of them have been peaceful or riots? What should we do about the cops that are targeting peaceful protesters who are using there constitutional right?

They're obviously people trying to bring about change.
Get rid of the cops, put their own redguard thugs in charge, communism.
Looks like they're throwing the kitchen sink with this one here, though. 2016 is what they looked like when they were over-confident and believed there was no way Trump could win.
Now Democrat voters still poll on net slightly believing Trump will be re-elected. The crazy has just gotten started.
Wait until the DNC convention, and possibly if/when the George Floyd cops are found not guilty of a highly ambitious 2nd degree murder charge. We're not even close to over with this.

They make me sick. They are just violent thugs and are themselves racist against white people. If they hate the white majority countries they are living in then go and live in a black majority country; there are plenty of them in Africa.

Yes, there is racism and prejudice in all races and there always will be because some peope feel it and you can do nothing about peoples feelings but most democracies generally promote equal opportunities.

For those black people that think white people are racist do you know how many black people are actually alive because of foreign aid, medical cures, medicines and vaccines. If you really want to play a numbers game then go the whole hog because there would millions more dead through famine and disease if not for white cures.

Nobody is condoning slavery but if slavery is really the issue then how many blacks are actually doing something about slavery today? What do black people think white people and other ethnicities around the world are thinking and feeling when they see blacks acting violently yet again!

Look at what the jewish people went through during WW2 and they had nothing, they lost everything including their families but they didn't go around destroying the countries that took them in and still today they face discrimination likewise with the chinese and many other nationalities, races and cultures. Why are so many black people killing themselves to get to racist Australia, UK the USA and Europe? Why aren't they heading for non white countries? I am just fed up with it and I like to think I am pretty tolerant but I am fed up with it all.

Noon of the above, a bunch of angry ill informed manipulated people being used to subvert c genuine grievances for political gain

Just a bunch of stupid people who are being led by a few Smart Ones.

So far, the riots don't appear to have accomplished anything meaningful. When you think about it, it's not surprising, looting and vandalizing innocent people's businesses is hardly anything productive.

Yes I don't think harming innocent people who had nothing to do with this is the answer. To me it seems like the state and government isn't listening to it's people and they we are finally fed up with it. To be clear I don't condone the violence and would not do it myself, but I guess I can see way they are so frustrated about the situation.

@dd54 I agree, the goal is destabilize our very way of life, and in my opinion give reason to grant more powers to government. Regarding the last part of your comment, you're probably right, maybe a particular group wouldn't mind you saying such though. I share in your angst on that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:100895
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.